أريج زايد دغره26-09-2022
Summary Statment ملخص مهني
Dr. Areej Dagarah, a researcher specializing in social and economic geography, holds a Ph.D. in geography from the University of Jordan, Amman. Her Thesis focused on the study of the transformation in the social and economic factors determining the emergence and development of neighborhoods in the city of Amman. She holds a BA and MA in Geography from Birzeit University. She has published several research papers in the social and economic geography of Amman, banking, crime, morphometrics, tourism. She worked as a coordinator for the joint planning councils, a coordinator for the GIS file, and a director of the Planning Department at the Ministry of Social Development in Ramallah/Palestine. She is currently an assistant professor at the Faculty of Humanities at Al-Istiqlal University.
1. 2014_2019 PHD Degree in Philosophy of Geography, in University of Jordan/ Amman.
2. 2008_2011 M.A Degree in Geography, in Birzeit University/ Birzeit/ Ramallah.
3. 2005 _ 2006 Diploma in Administrative Skills, Secretarial Skills, Information Technology, in Ramallah Woman’s Training Center (100 Training Hours).
4. 1998 _ 2002 B.A Degree in Geography and history, in Birzeit University/ Birzeit/ Ramallah.
Employment History الخبرات العملية
- September 2021 until now:
- Associate Professor, Intermediate College for Security Sciences, Security Geographical Information Systems Department.
- Associate Professor, Faculty of Humanities, Department of Tourism Security and Archeology.
Ministry of Social Development (MOSD):
- June 2020 – September 2021: Joint Planning Council Coordinator and Responsible for the geographic information systems file.
- March 2019 – June 2020: Head of Planning Department.
- 2008-2012: Director of the Office of the Assistant Undersecretary for Northern Directorates Affairs.
- 2004-2008: Administrative Assistant in Public Relations Unit.
University of Jordan:
- 2017-2019: Supervisor assistant in supervision and review of master's thesis
- 2012-2014: Research and Teaching Assistant (part time).
- 2002-2004: Data collection in Development Center/ Birzeit University.
Ramallah Center for Human Rights:
- 2008-2010: Administrative Assistant (Part Time).
Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics
- 2003-2004: Data collections:
- Field works the project of Effect Israel settlement to economic and politics of Palestinian family.
- Updating maps of Palestinian communities.
- September 2021 until now:
1. Geography of Palestine: This course deals with the astronomical and geographical location of Palestine, its characteristics and importance, the origin and development of the name Palestine, the borders and the history of its development. The course also discusses the natural environment of Palestine with its elements: (geology, topography, natural regions, climate, water and water policies, soil, natural plants and wild animals), and it contains the demographic and population conditions in Palestine, economic potential, economic activities, the most important of which are agriculture, industry and tourism, the history of settlement. Humanity in Palestine and the most important archaeological sites. The course also focuses on studying the geographical repercussions of the Palestinian cause and the Zionist colonialism in Palestine.
2. Geographical Information System: The course aims to give the student a sufficient amount of theoretical and practical framework, and train him on specialized programs in the use of maps, identifying tourist and archaeological sites, and benefiting from them in the security and tourism field in terms of tracking and knowledge of tourist and archaeological areas.
3. Geographical Information System Data Analysis: The course deals with spatial analysis as a concept and its importance in solving geographical problems in the real world through the modeling of geographical phenomena based on the directional and cellular model. It also focuses on geostatistical processing and analyzes such as random spatial samples, measures of concentration, spatial dispersion, spatial correlation, regression, surface analysis, and the use of models in studying the most appropriate site. The student is trained in the practical application of spatial analysis processes in geographical studies.
4. Selected Topics in Geographical Information System GIS: This course deals with selected and emerging topics related to the field of specialization, given by specialists from the security services and the university.
Conferences / Talks مداخلات علمية / مؤتمرات
- Fully participated in the workshop entitled "Studying the Urban in the Arab Region: Concepts & Methods" co-organized by the Arab Council for the Social Sciences and the Odum Institute for Social Research at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, held in Amman, Jordan, from July 2-6, 2018.
- Presenting a paper at the Amman conference and the right to the city held between 3-5/ 11/ 2018. On the determinants of the origin of the Jabal Al-Taj neighborhood in Amman and the changes that took place there.
- The International conference II: Reclaiming Public Spaces within Metropolitan areas, 22nd to 24th Nov. 2017. German Jordanian University & TU Dortmund University.
- Participation in the arrangements for the Traffic Law and Safety Conference, 01/12/2021, Al-Istiqlal University.
- Member of a preparatory committee at the conference on the role of the Palestinian state in promoting rights, public freedoms and the rule of law in the context of the Palestinian experience, 10-11 May, Al-Istiqlal University.
Publications / Books المنشورات / مؤلفات
- Analysis of neighbourhoods’ establishment bases in Amman City. Jordan Journal of Social Sciences, 13 (1) 2020.
- Analysis of economic and social environment of Amman city. Humanities Journal, An-Najah National University, 34 (6), 2020.
- Analysis of the Factors behind the residential neighborhoods formation in Amman city and their temporal changes, international journal of planning, urban and Sustainable Development, (6), issue 4/2019.
- The Impact of Arab Spring on Tourism Sector in Jordan. Dirasat: Human and Social Sciences, 46 (1), 2019.
- Regional Hypsometric Analysis of the Jordan Rift Drainage Basins (Jordan) Using Geographic Information System, Scientific Research Publishing, 2016.
- The Geographical Spreading of Banks in Jordan and Its Reflection on Economic Development an Analytical Study for the Period 2014-2016. Journal of Management Research, 2016.
- The use of factor analysis to study the social and economic disparity between neighborhoods in Amman. Al-Manara for research and studies (Accepted for publication).
- Drugs Crimes in Jordan, Trends and Placement Variation between 2011-2018: Geo-sociological Study. Al-Mishkat for humanities and Social Studies (Accepted for publication).
- The story of the birth of place ... The Jabal Al-Taj neighborhood in the city of Amman is a case study (Under review).
- Analysis of Neighborhoods Establishment: Acomparative study: Ramallah and Amman (Under review)
Professional Affiliation عضوية / انتساب لمؤسسات أخرى
Member of the founding committee and administrative board, the Palestinian Community Association for PHD Holders in the Public Service.
Interests / Skills اهتمامات / مهارات
- Course entitled "Preparing Statistical Reports and Data Dissemination", at Palestinian Center Bureau of Statistics (PCBS), from 25-29 Aug, 2019.
- Administrative skills at Center for Continuing Education in Birzeit University (CCE), from 27-29/8/2006.
- Public relations Departments, in the joint committee of Public Relations Departments, from 18-22 Des, 2004.
- The cycle of compression, mobilization, networking, and good governance, Palestinian Center for Democracy and Community Development, 11/01/2003-08/3/2003.
- Youth Pioneering, at the Development Center/Birzeit University. 01/08/2002-01/8/2003.
- Update Practical Methods in Geography, co-organized by Geography Department in Birzeit University and Kinrad Adinor Institution, from 08-13 Sep, 2001.
- Development information (Dev Info) at Palestinian Center Bureau of Statistics (PCBS).
- Document Archiving and Control System Internet, at Oracle Institution (ATS).
- Document archiving, at (PCBS).
- Map Renewal 2003, at (PCBS).
- Effect Israel settlement to economic and politics of Palestinian family, at PCBS.